- Trade is still heavily depending on the 2 feeder shipping routes ex YGN - PKL / SIN, and ex YGN to India.
- More Airlines (now 20 in total) have came into markets, especially for passenger traffic.
- Export trade is going down, import is climbing up last 5 years due to government's construction projects at new capital city.
- Many transport road projects are underway at national level.
- Trade trend is getting distributed between border trading and traditional trading via air or sea. The trend may take a sharp change in 3-5 years time.
- Political conditions have improved since military junta transformed into civilian state government.
- At present, currency exchange rates are stable in local market.